On 26 June 2013, another session was held, organised by PTPC, together with InCI, under the theme “Public Procurement Code (CCP) – Encouraging Innovation and Development”.
Issues related to Design and Build, Competitive Dialogue, Variant Proposals, Design Tender, Equivalent Solutions to the specifications were highlighted, approached and debated.
As a general consideration, we may note, on the one hand, a pressing need for a “cultural change” with regard to contractual procedures adopted by awarding entities, and on the other hand, the necessary adaptation of the legislative contents to the national reality and culture, for example, legislation being addressed and written in a simpler manner, so that everyone can understand and apply it.
As a conclusion, we list several aspects, of a more specific nature, which need to be implemented or improved, namely:
- Innovation in competition procedures – product, process and value chain innovation;
- Adoption of a more transparent and effective procedure such as the Competitive Dialogue;
- Overcoming some difficulties faced by Construction Project Owners such as abnormally low prices, complex administrative procedures, limited time and costs, lack of technical and scientific knowledge regarding innovative trends;
- Greater investment in planning;
- Consideration, at the design stage, of concepts such as the useful life of a project, innovation in materials, the “best value” concept, advice, quality, performance achieved;
- The development of manuals of good practice and standardisation of procedures.