The theme chosen for this year’s Forum is “Motivation of the New Generations for Engineering” results from the drastic reduction of students enrolled in civil engineering courses (from 1500 enrolled in 2010 reduced to 300 in 2014, which corresponds to a decrease of 80%).
The aim of the debate was to seek closer ties between the construction industry and secondary and university education, seeking to attract the best talent with a view to progress and innovation in the construction industry.
- How to maintain knowledge centres in Portugal?
- What will be done (construction) in Portugal?
- What companies are building in other countries?
- How many civil engineers will we need in 2020 and in what areas will they work?
- How to motivate the new generations for civil engineering?
- How can we prepare company staff for the new challenges?
- How can the profession be valued and what is the role of the PTPC in promoting it?