Project code: POCI-01-0248-FEDER-027538
Promoted by the AEC Cluster, this project aims to strengthen cooperation and partnership activities in the AEC sector, promoting innovation and international competitive capacity through the implementation of an action plan structured around priority intervention areas for the sector.
Two distinct and interlinked key activities were defined:
Activity 1 – Dynamization, consolidation and sustainability of the AEC Cluster at national and international level.
Activity 2 – Strengthening participation in European initiatives for collaboration and exchange of experiences.
Intervention Region: North, Centre, Lisbon, Alentejo and Algarve.
Beneficiary entity: PTPC - PLATAFORMA TECNOLÓGICA PORTUGUESA DA CONSTRUÇÃO - ASSOCIAÇÃO
Approval Date: 21/08/2017
Start Date: 01/11/2017
Completion Date: 31/10/2020
Total eligible cost: 171,857.50 EUR
Financial support from the European Union: 85,928.75 euros (ERDF)
Objectives, activities and expected/achieved results: The AEC CONNECT project established as a strategic objective the strengthening of cooperation and partnership activities in the AEC sector, promoting innovation and the international competitive capacity of companies in the sector. In this context, in order to operationalise the proposed intervention approach, the AEC Cluster defined 5 Operational Objectives (OO):
- OO1: To design a setup plan for the AEC Cluster and to coordinate and manage its activities;
- OO2: Participation and presentation of the AEC Cluster in the meetings of the European technological platform ECTP;
- OO3: Organization and implementation of a visit to international reference entities – “Best Practices European Cluster Tour”;
- OO4: Organisation and promotion of the event “Portuguese Construction Days @ Brussels”, aiming at exchanging experiences and networking with other European entities;
- OO5: Elaboration of a Good Practices Manual to facilitate access to collaboration opportunities within the scope of European programmes.
These operational objectives would respond to the two key activities established in the project.
In relation to activity 1 the following actions were carried out:
- AEC Cluster Forum 2018 – Public session for the dissemination of results
- AEC Cluster Forum 2019 – Public session to disseminate results
- Forum Cluster AEC 2020- Public session of project closure
- Elaboration of AEC Cluster setup plan – services purchased
- Technical team travel within Portugal – 2017 to 2020
- Acquisition of IT equipment (PC, printer, dockstation)
- Participation in ECTP 2018 meetings – travel and accommodation (2018-2020)
- IT support – purchase of technical assistance services
It should be noted that the Forum held in 2020 was held virtually, it should also be noted that the travel of the technical team on national territory and travel to ECTP meetings could not be carried out due to existing restrictions due to the pandemic.
In relation to activity 2, this provided for the strengthening of the cluster activities with the hiring of staff assigned to the management of the AEC Cluster and the AEC CONNECT project, which was carried out and also the strengthening of participation in European initiatives for collaboration and exchange of experiences. These actions planned to take place in 2020 could not be implemented due to the existing restrictions due to the Covid 19 pandemic.